independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Racism 2020: Are u really surprised by the racial climate in the U.S. in 2020?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 10 of 12 « First<3456789101112>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #270 posted 06/29/20 2:18pm

cborgman

avatar

2elijah said:

This happened 2 days ago. Employee was fired. https://onemileatatime.co...mily-pool/ Hampton Inn Calls Cops On Black Family Using Pool JUNE 29, 2020 BY BEN [Edited 6/29/20 14:07pm]

god, it just never stops

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #271 posted 06/29/20 3:10pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

cborgman said:

2elijah said:

This happened 2 days ago. Employee was fired. https://onemileatatime.co...mily-pool/ Hampton Inn Calls Cops On Black Family Using Pool JUNE 29, 2020 BY BEN [Edited 6/29/20 14:07pm]

god, it just never stops

We have got to keep marching and boycotting and screaming... until it does.

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #272 posted 06/29/20 3:50pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

2elijah said:

This happened 2 days ago. Employee was fired. https://onemileatatime.co...mily-pool/ Hampton Inn Calls Cops On Black Family Using Pool JUNE 29, 2020 BY BEN [Edited 6/29/20 14:07pm]

whofarted

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #273 posted 06/30/20 1:16pm

2elijah

avatar

^^ I don’t think these types of crazy acts will stop anytime soon. You can’t make this isht up. There’s been random hate crimes, since the protests. I also read about a young woman, who had 2 racists pull up to her car, call her the ‘n’ word, threw a lighter fluid in her car and lit it, and she was able to put the fire out, but not without suffering from some burns.

(By the way, the guy in this vid got fired because of his racist insults.)


https://rnbcincy.com/2648...ation/amp/
[Edited 6/30/20 14:07pm]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #274 posted 06/30/20 1:58pm

2elijah

avatar


[Edited 6/30/20 13:59pm]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #275 posted 06/30/20 3:10pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

2elijah said:

^^ I don’t think these types of crazy acts will stop anytime soon. You can’t make this isht up. There’s been random hate crimes, since the protests. I also read about a young woman, who had 2 racists pull up to her car, call her the ‘n’ word, threw a lighter fluid in her car and lit it, and she was able to put the fire out, but not without suffering from some burns. (By the way, the guy in this vid got fired because of his racist insults.) https://rnbcincy.com/2648...ation/amp/ [Edited 6/30/20 14:07pm]

The fight against such hate must never stop. confused

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #276 posted 06/30/20 3:11pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

2elijah said:

^^ I don’t think these types of crazy acts will stop anytime soon. You can’t make this isht up. There’s been random hate crimes, since the protests. I also read about a young woman, who had 2 racists pull up to her car, call her the ‘n’ word, threw a lighter fluid in her car and lit it, and she was able to put the fire out, but not without suffering from some burns. (By the way, the guy in this vid got fired because of his racist insults.) https://rnbcincy.com/2648...ation/amp/ [Edited 6/30/20 14:07pm]

The fight against such hate must never stop. confused

highfive

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #277 posted 06/30/20 6:04pm

2elijah

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:



2elijah said:


^^ I don’t think these types of crazy acts will stop anytime soon. You can’t make this isht up. There’s been random hate crimes, since the protests. I also read about a young woman, who had 2 racists pull up to her car, call her the ‘n’ word, threw a lighter fluid in her car and lit it, and she was able to put the fire out, but not without suffering from some burns. (By the way, the guy in this vid got fired because of his racist insults.) https://rnbcincy.com/2648...ation/amp/ [Edited 6/30/20 14:07pm]

The fight against such hate must never stop. confused


Hopefully not, and I’m glad people could use their cell phones to capture some of these hateful acts.

Many won’t like it because it exposes an ugly truth they can’t handle, but that’s just too damn bad. These racist fuckers need to be caught.
[Edited 7/2/20 4:37am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #278 posted 07/01/20 4:19am

3rdeyedude

avatar

Yes, I hope people will use their cell phones too. They can watch videos like this one. "What to do if you Get Pulled Over"


https://www.youtube.com/w...kCXGu43v6Q

If real change is going to happen, it has to happen on both ends.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #279 posted 07/01/20 8:52am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

3rdeyedude said:

Yes, I hope people will use their cell phones too. They can watch videos like this one. "What to do if you Get Pulled Over"


https://www.youtube.com/w...kCXGu43v6Q

If real change is going to happen, it has to happen on both ends.


Even if George Floyd and Breonna Tayor and Amaud Aubrey were pulled over for traffic violations this video would still be barely relevant.

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #280 posted 07/01/20 9:06am

jjhunsecker

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



3rdeyedude said:


Yes, I hope people will use their cell phones too. They can watch videos like this one. "What to do if you Get Pulled Over"




https://www.youtube.com/w...kCXGu43v6Q



If real change is going to happen, it has to happen on both ends.




Even if George Floyd and Breonna Tayor and Amaud Aubrey were pulled over for traffic violations this video would still be barely relevant.



And Philando Castile fully complied with the cop when he was pulled over, and STILL got blasted away!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #281 posted 07/01/20 9:33am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

DiminutiveRocker said:


Even if George Floyd and Breonna Tayor and Amaud Aubrey were pulled over for traffic violations this video would still be barely relevant.

And Philando Castile fully complied with the cop when he was pulled over, and STILL got blasted away!

Yep. There is no use in talking about good cops - good cops do their job and the world functions as it should. It's the systemic output of bad cops that needs to be addressed and why tremendous droves of people are protestng - it's the system that needs fixing.

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #282 posted 07/01/20 1:41pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

3rdeyedude said:

Yes, I hope people will use their cell phones too. They can watch videos like this one. "What to do if you Get Pulled Over"


https://www.youtube.com/w...kCXGu43v6Q

If real change is going to happen, it has to happen on both ends.

This one is more realistic

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/w...EvMc-K8XHY[/youtube]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #283 posted 07/02/20 4:35am

2elijah

avatar

Everyday racism, breathing while Black. This is why we have to keep the pressure on exposing racism and demanding change.

https://thegrio.com/2020/...black-man/

https://www.theroot.com/n...1844231901



https://www.bet.com/news/...d=facebook
[Edited 7/2/20 4:38am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #284 posted 07/02/20 4:49am

2elijah

avatar

This I’m not surprised.. just an everyday case of racial profiling. This one is for the non-believers/deniers. Like so many have said, if these actual incidents aren’t brought to light or not captured by cell phone, it would never be believed.
The ones that try to silence people from exposing these racist acts, don’t want these type incidents exposed. Perhaps because they’re conscience is guilty of racial profiling as well.


If real change needs to happen, then racists need to stop practicing their racial prejudice on others, such as incidents like in this article below. It’s folks like that who racially profile non-Whites, based on the prejudice they’re taught at home and within their communities, which makes them the reason racist acts like this continues to persists. And they’re usually the first ones to claim they’re not racist, yet their actions and words are transparent.





https://www.cnn.com/2020/...index.html

A 911 call, a racial slur, a refusal to cash a check. This is what it's like for some Black bank customers
By Faith Karimi, CNN
Updated 6:51 AM ET, Thu July 2, 2020

(CNN)Paul McCowns walked into an Ohio bank clutching his first paycheck from a new job at an electric company. But instead of cashing the check worth about $1,000, the teller called 911.

As he walked out of the Huntington Bank branch in Brooklyn empty-handed, an officer waiting outside handcuffed him and put him in the back of a police cruiser.

I have a customer here -- he's not our customer, actually. He's trying to cash a check and the check is fraudulent. It does not match our records," a bank employee says on a recording of the 911 call obtained by For many African Americans, what happened to McCowns in December 2018 is a common experience. Banking while Black is another entry in an ever growing list of people calling the police on African Americans doing everyday things.


No data exists on how prevalent the issue is but such cases have made headlines in recent years. Florida civil rights attorney Yechezkel Rodal said he gets calls from Black people all over the nation after his client sued a bank two years ago. Some incidents end in lawsuits or private settlements with the banks -- but many more occur in financial institutions big and small with no repercussions, he said.“
[Edited 7/2/20 6:13am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #285 posted 07/02/20 9:30am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

This I’m not surprised.. just an everyday case of racial profiling. This one is for the non-believers/deniers. Like so many have said, if these actual incidents aren’t brought to light or not captured by cell phone, it would never be believed. The ones that try to silence people from exposing these racist acts, don’t want these type incidents exposed. Perhaps because they’re conscience is guilty of racial profiling as well. If real change needs to happen, then racists need to stop practicing their racial prejudice on others, such as incidents like in this article below. It’s folks like that who racially profile non-Whites, based on the prejudice they’re taught at home and within their communities, which makes them the reason racist acts like this continues to persists. And they’re usually the first ones to claim they’re not racist, yet their actions and words are transparent. https://www.cnn.com/2020/...index.html A 911 call, a racial slur, a refusal to cash a check. This is what it's like for some Black bank customers By Faith Karimi, CNN Updated 6:51 AM ET, Thu July 2, 2020 (CNN)Paul McCowns walked into an Ohio bank clutching his first paycheck from a new job at an electric company. But instead of cashing the check worth about $1,000, the teller called 911. As he walked out of the Huntington Bank branch in Brooklyn empty-handed, an officer waiting outside handcuffed him and put him in the back of a police cruiser. I have a customer here -- he's not our customer, actually. He's trying to cash a check and the check is fraudulent. It does not match our records," a bank employee says on a recording of the 911 call obtained by For many African Americans, what happened to McCowns in December 2018 is a common experience. Banking while Black is another entry in an ever growing list of people calling the police on African Americans doing everyday things. No data exists on how prevalent the issue is but such cases have made headlines in recent years. Florida civil rights attorney Yechezkel Rodal said he gets calls from Black people all over the nation after his client sued a bank two years ago. Some incidents end in lawsuits or private settlements with the banks -- but many more occur in financial institutions big and small with no repercussions, he said.“ [Edited 7/2/20 6:13am]

THAT ^ racial stereotyping HAS to stop! There is now talk of the families of victims killed by police also suing the 911 callers who report people based on race who are NOT committing crimes.

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #286 posted 07/02/20 11:49am

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


This I’m not surprised.. just an everyday case of racial profiling. This one is for the non-believers/deniers. Like so many have said, if these actual incidents aren’t brought to light or not captured by cell phone, it would never be believed. The ones that try to silence people from exposing these racist acts, don’t want these type incidents exposed. Perhaps because they’re conscience is guilty of racial profiling as well. If real change needs to happen, then racists need to stop practicing their racial prejudice on others, such as incidents like in this article below. It’s folks like that who racially profile non-Whites, based on the prejudice they’re taught at home and within their communities, which makes them the reason racist acts like this continues to persists. And they’re usually the first ones to claim they’re not racist, yet their actions and words are transparent. https://www.cnn.com/2020/...index.html A 911 call, a racial slur, a refusal to cash a check. This is what it's like for some Black bank customers By Faith Karimi, CNN Updated 6:51 AM ET, Thu July 2, 2020 (CNN)Paul McCowns walked into an Ohio bank clutching his first paycheck from a new job at an electric company. But instead of cashing the check worth about $1,000, the teller called 911. As he walked out of the Huntington Bank branch in Brooklyn empty-handed, an officer waiting outside handcuffed him and put him in the back of a police cruiser. I have a customer here -- he's not our customer, actually. He's trying to cash a check and the check is fraudulent. It does not match our records," a bank employee says on a recording of the 911 call obtained by For many African Americans, what happened to McCowns in December 2018 is a common experience. Banking while Black is another entry in an ever growing list of people calling the police on African Americans doing everyday things. No data exists on how prevalent the issue is but such cases have made headlines in recent years. Florida civil rights attorney Yechezkel Rodal said he gets calls from Black people all over the nation after his client sued a bank two years ago. Some incidents end in lawsuits or private settlements with the banks -- but many more occur in financial institutions big and small with no repercussions, he said.“ [Edited 7/2/20 6:13am]


THAT ^ racial stereotyping HAS to stop! There is now talk of the families of [n]victims killed by police also suing the 911 callers who report people based on race who are NOT committing crimes.[/b]



Good because those types of calls come in all the time. One of my friends retired as a 911 operators a few years ago, and said they get those kind of calls a lot, and it turns out the person isn’t committing a crime.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #287 posted 07/04/20 4:38pm

2elijah

avatar

Racial profiling... it just never stops. If U was the young lady, I would have told him it was none of his business, and kept driving.

https://atlantablackstar....lt-unsafe/

Black Woman Driving In Her Neighborhood Stalked, Questioned By White Man Claiming He Felt ‘Unsafe’
Posted by
Niara Savage | July 4, 2020 2 Co
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #288 posted 07/05/20 6:51pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

Racial profiling... it just never stops. If U was the young lady, I would have told him it was none of his business, and kept driving. https://atlantablackstar....lt-unsafe/ Black Woman Driving In Her Neighborhood Stalked, Questioned By White Man Claiming He Felt ‘Unsafe’ Posted by Niara Savage | July 4, 2020 2 Co



disbelief

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #289 posted 07/06/20 6:06am

uPtoWnNY

2elijah said:

Racial profiling... it just never stops. If U was the young lady, I would have told him it was none of his business, and kept driving. https://atlantablackstar....lt-unsafe/ Black Woman Driving In Her Neighborhood Stalked, Questioned By White Man Claiming He Felt ‘Unsafe’ Posted by Niara Savage | July 4, 2020 2 Co

If it was me, I doubt he would have said anything....like I always tell you, these racist mfers only mess with those they feel they can intinidate.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #290 posted 07/06/20 8:55am

2elijah

avatar

And this is why people should not be silent about these types of incidents. Only way evidence can prove these types of attacks. Glad they were arrested. It’s time racists like that are finally held accountable for their actions.

https://www.thedailybeast...y-4-attack


Black Family Escorted Off Oregon Beach After 7 Men Launched Racist July 4 Attack
HARASSMENT
Madeline Charbonneau


“Seven men were arrested at an Oregon beach Saturday after they allegedly harassed a Black family during a Fourth of July event. The men were allegedly performing Nazi salutes and shouting racial slurs at the family in Lincoln City.

Police said the men were “highly intoxicated” and lit illegal fireworks and challenged the officers to fight. Officers formed a barricade between the men and the family so the family could safely leave the beach. The men were charged with disorderly conduct, riot, harassment, possession of illegal fireworks, interfering with police, and offensive littering.”
[Edited 7/6/20 9:04am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #291 posted 07/06/20 9:05am

2elijah

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:



2elijah said:


Racial profiling... it just never stops. If U was the young lady, I would have told him it was none of his business, and kept driving. https://atlantablackstar....lt-unsafe/ Black Woman Driving In Her Neighborhood Stalked, Questioned By White Man Claiming He Felt ‘Unsafe’ Posted by Niara Savage | July 4, 2020 2 Co


If it was me, I doubt he would have said anything....like I always tell you, these racist mfers only mess with those they feel they can intinidate.


I 100% agree. He had no business harassing and questioning her like that. The damn nerve of him.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #292 posted 07/06/20 11:50am

jjhunsecker

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:



2elijah said:


Racial profiling... it just never stops. If U was the young lady, I would have told him it was none of his business, and kept driving. https://atlantablackstar....lt-unsafe/ Black Woman Driving In Her Neighborhood Stalked, Questioned By White Man Claiming He Felt ‘Unsafe’ Posted by Niara Savage | July 4, 2020 2 Co


If it was me, I doubt he would have said anything....like I always tell you, these racist mfers only mess with those they feel they can intinidate.


And when I have answered back, there are people on here who say I have “a weak mind “ for treating people EXACTLY how they treated me... I guess to them, Black people must turn the other cheek and just take abuse...
My answer: “Fuck that”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #293 posted 07/06/20 12:07pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

NY District Attorney Cyrus Vance is going to prosecute Amy Cooper of the Central Park incident for filing a false police report.

At least one “Karen” may get her comeuppance..,, let’s keep our fingers crossed
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #294 posted 07/06/20 12:23pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

NY District Attorney Cyrus Vance is going to prosecute Amy Cooper of the Central Park incident for filing a false police report. At least one “Karen” may get her comeuppance..,, let’s keep our fingers crossed

clapping Deserved!

https://news.yahoo.com/wh...OPHMVIzkE

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #295 posted 07/06/20 12:30pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

2elijah said:

uPtoWnNY said:



2elijah said:


Racial profiling... it just never stops. If U was the young lady, I would have told him it was none of his business, and kept driving. https://atlantablackstar....lt-unsafe/ Black Woman Driving In Her Neighborhood Stalked, Questioned By White Man Claiming He Felt ‘Unsafe’ Posted by Niara Savage | July 4, 2020 2 Co


If it was me, I doubt he would have said anything....like I always tell you, these racist mfers only mess with those they feel they can intinidate.


I 100% agree. He had no business harassing and questioning her like that. The damn nerve of him.


Just awful.
The things that we have to put up with
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #296 posted 07/06/20 12:45pm

uPtoWnNY

jjhunsecker said:

uPtoWnNY said:

If it was me, I doubt he would have said anything....like I always tell you, these racist mfers only mess with those they feel they can intinidate.

And when I have answered back, there are people on here who say I have “a weak mind “ for treating people EXACTLY how they treated me... I guess to them, Black people must turn the other cheek and just take abuse... My answer: “Fuck that”

To paraphrase something Robin Quivers said many years ago....."many whites cop an attitude when blacks do the same thing they do...."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #297 posted 07/06/20 1:17pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

jjhunsecker said:

uPtoWnNY said: And when I have answered back, there are people on here who say I have “a weak mind “ for treating people EXACTLY how they treated me... I guess to them, Black people must turn the other cheek and just take abuse... My answer: “Fuck that”

To paraphrase something Robin Quivers said many years ago....."many whites cop an attitude when blacks do the same thing they do...."


Interesting. Robin just co-authored an OpEd in The Daily News: https://www.nydailynews.c...story.html


"Are we limiting the way young people see the world by demanding they think of themselves, first and foremost, as members of a race rather than, first and foremost, as human beings?


Race-based thinking will never solve the problem of racism. Strident race-based thinking only adds to the problem. It’s turning out that racism has a kissing cousin in this sudden rise of rigid race-thinking. It’s a pollution in the air with a suffocating effect. All of us must learn to think more nimbly. All of us must breathe."











[Edited 7/6/20 13:17pm]

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #298 posted 07/06/20 2:54pm

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



uPtoWnNY said:




jjhunsecker said:


uPtoWnNY said: And when I have answered back, there are people on here who say I have “a weak mind “ for treating people EXACTLY how they treated me... I guess to them, Black people must turn the other cheek and just take abuse... My answer: “Fuck that”


To paraphrase something Robin Quivers said many years ago....."many whites cop an attitude when blacks do the same thing they do...."






Interesting. Robin just co-authored an OpEd in The Daily News: https://www.nydailynews.c...story.html





"Are we limiting the way young people see the world by demanding they think of themselves, first and foremost, as members of a race rather than, first and foremost, as human beings?







Race-based thinking will never solve the problem of racism. Strident race-based thinking only adds to the problem. It’s turning out that racism has a kissing cousin in this sudden rise of rigid race-thinking. It’s a pollution in the air with a suffocating effect. All of us must learn to think more nimbly. All of us must breathe."














[Edited 7/6/20 13:17pm]


Interesting piece. The guy in that vid certainly did not see her as a human being. He saw her skin color first, and judged her immediately as a threat, along with criminalizing her, while she was just being a human being minding her business. He surely racially-profiled her. This is why some people have to see these incidents to believe it.
[Edited 7/6/20 14:57pm]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #299 posted 07/07/20 1:07pm

slyjackson

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:


Interesting. Robin just co-authored an OpEd in The Daily News: https://www.nydailynews.c...story.html


"Are we limiting the way young people see the world by demanding they think of themselves, first and foremost, as members of a race rather than, first and foremost, as human beings?


Race-based thinking will never solve the problem of racism. Strident race-based thinking only adds to the problem. It’s turning out that racism has a kissing cousin in this sudden rise of rigid race-thinking. It’s a pollution in the air with a suffocating effect. All of us must learn to think more nimbly. All of us must breathe."











[Edited 7/6/20 13:17pm]

Interesting piece. The guy in that vid certainly did not see her as a human being. He saw her skin color first, and judged her immediately as a threat, along with criminalizing her, while she was just being a human being minding her business. He surely racially-profiled her. This is why some people have to see these incidents to believe it. [Edited 7/6/20 14:57pm]

And yet some people still don't believe it, or just don't want to.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 10 of 12 « First<3456789101112>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Racism 2020: Are u really surprised by the racial climate in the U.S. in 2020?