independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > BLM issues and more...
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 17 123456789>Last »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/30/20 4:13pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

BLM issues and more...


After looking further into the topic raised on another thread (https://prince.org/msg/105/463555), I was going to post this but the thread didn't allow any further postings.

I think people who are followers of this movement should be aware that one of the main financial supporters of BLM USA is a group called Thousand Currents.

One of their directors is this person:


Susan Lisa Rosenberg (born 1955) is an activist, writer and advocate for social justice and prisoners' rights. From the late 1970s into the mid-1980s, Rosenberg was active in the far-left revolutionary terrorist May 19th Communist Organization, which engaged in bombings of buildings and provided support to the Black Liberation Army.[1] After living as a fugitive for two years, she was arrested in 1984 while in possession of explosives and firearms. She had also been sought as an accomplice in the 1979 prison escape of Assata Shakur and was suspected but never charged in the 1981 Brink's robbery that led to the death of two guards and a police officer.[2]

Rosenberg was sentenced to 58 years in prison on the weapons and explosives charges. She spent 16 years in prison, during which she became a poet, author and AIDS activist. Her sentence was commuted by President Bill Clinton on January 20, 2001, his final day in office.
https://en.wikipedia.org/..._Rosenberg


There is an article about this here:

https://greatgameindia.co...es-matter/.


Interestingly, shortly after this information became more widely noticed, the organisation suddenly removed their board of directors page from their website. However, it can still be viewed here: http://web.archive.org/we...directors/




'Members of the May 19th Communist Organization, even when showing support for the group's goals of ridding the United States of racism, police brutality, and insufficient public housing, were often accused of not being fervent enough about the causes that the group pursued.
[...]

Activities

From 1982 to 1985 M19CO committed a series of bombings, including bombings of the National War College, the Washington Navy Yard Computing Center, the Israeli Aircraft Industries Building, New York City's South African consulate, the Washington Navy Yard Officers' Club, New York City's Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, and the United States Capitol Building. Three officers were killed during the Brinks Robbery, but no one was injured or killed in their bombings.[10] Almost all the M19CO members were convicted in a US Court of Law for these offenses, but Elizabeth Ann Duke remains at large.


https://en.wikipedia.org/...ganization


[Edited 7/21/20 16:26pm]

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/30/20 11:45pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

In relation to the above, it is also important to understand what happens to all the money donated to BLM:

'Executive Director Solome Lemma said the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation approached Thousand Currents in 2016 to create a fiscal sponsorship agreement and provide "the legal and administrative support to enable BLM to fulfill its mission." '

[...]

Where do donations to Black Lives Matter go?

Any and all donations made to the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation go to it — but not entirely directly.

Under IRS requirements, any charitable funds donated to a non-profit using a fiscal sponsor are first given to the fiscal sponsor, which then doles out the money in the form of grants to the non-profit.

For example, when you donate to the Black Lives Matter movement, you are directed to its fundraising partner ActBlue. Then, ActBlue distributes the money raised to Thousand Currents, which is then granted to Black Lives Matter.'


https://www.insider.com/w...ity-2020-6


__________


Rosenberg has been involved with the group for the entirety of its fiscal sponsorship arrangement with Black Lives Matter Global Foundation, which began in 2016. https://www.influencewatc...rosenberg/

[Edited 7/1/20 1:03am]

___________________


[Edited 7/1/20 1:29am]

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/01/20 1:59am

maplenpg

avatar

I'm not sure I understand your main point. Sure, from the article you've posted it seems BLM is using Thousand Currents for tax exemption purposes, having them act as a quasi-manager, but I see nothing to suggest that anything underhand is going on. From the article you posted:

Charity Navigator, a non-profit organization that rates charities on their transparency and financial health, gave Thousand Currents four out of four stars, noting that 79% of their finances go toward program expenses


And they may have this person on their board, but doesn't everyone deserve a second chance? She did her time. I don't think we should automatically assume the worst based on her past. The company certainly seems like it does a lot of good things (from the Thousand Currents website):


For almost 35 years, Thousand Currents (formerly IDEX) has invested more than US$10 million in 1,000 community-led initiatives in the Global South. Today, we are exchanging grassroots brilliance for lasting and transformative change. Our partners are currently working with and connected to over 200 million women, small farmers, Indigenous Peoples, urban residents, sexual and ethnic minorities, and youth.

The Org is my playground and y'all are my playmates.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/01/20 2:52am

CherryMoon57

avatar

maplenpg said:

I'm not sure I understand your main point. Sure, from the article you've posted it seems BLM is using Thousand Currents for tax exemption purposes, having them act as a quasi-manager, but I see nothing to suggest that anything underhand is going on. From the article you posted:

Charity Navigator, a non-profit organization that rates charities on their transparency and financial health, gave Thousand Currents four out of four stars, noting that 79% of their finances go toward program expenses


And they may have this person on their board, but doesn't everyone deserve a second chance? She did her time. I don't think we should automatically assume the worst based on her past. The company certainly seems like it does a lot of good things (from the Thousand Currents website):


For almost 35 years, Thousand Currents (formerly IDEX) has invested more than US$10 million in 1,000 community-led initiatives in the Global South. Today, we are exchanging grassroots brilliance for lasting and transformative change. Our partners are currently working with and connected to over 200 million women, small farmers, Indigenous Peoples, urban residents, sexual and ethnic minorities, and youth.


A second chance for what? Use social injustice to further her (previously aborted) career as a terrorist? Or perhaps seek revenge on the police for her years in prison? Interesting that the main current goal of BLM is to defund the police. And also of course the news that Cullors is a self-proclaimed 'trained marxist' (I wonder who 'trained' her).

So while you 'are not sure' you understand the problem, Thousand Currents themselves understand this issue very well since, as soon as her involvement was highlighted, they immediately hid the page where Rosenberg appears as one of their directors.

[Edited 7/23/20 16:46pm]

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/01/20 3:45am

IanRG

The error you keep on making is that BLM is not a single organisation - There are at least two organisations named BLM. It is a movement. This fact annoys your "trained marxist". She has lamented time and time again that despite being one of the first three to use the term in social media, others have taken this up without "due" credit.

.

The BLM protests in Australia were in international solidarity but with a special focus on Indigenous Australian deaths in custody were not organised or funded by her organisation. Various organisations and individuals in the USA were involved with BLM protests outside of her organisation.

.

If you find them doing something that is not about undoing these systemic racist inequities in the criminal justice systems of capitalist countries then lets all jump on that. Until then, the movement with all the organisations and individuals involved is doing good by seeking correction for heinous acts.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/01/20 4:56am

CherryMoon57

avatar

IanRG said:

The error you keep on making is that BLM is not a single organisation - There are at least two organisations named BLM. It is a movement. This fact annoys your "trained marxist". She has lamented time and time again that despite being one of the first three to use the term in social media, others have taken this up without "due" credit.

.

The BLM protests in Australia were in international solidarity but with a special focus on Indigenous Australian deaths in custody were not organised or funded by her organisation. Various organisations and individuals in the USA were involved with BLM protests outside of her organisation.

.

If you find them doing something that is not about undoing these systemic racist inequities in the criminal justice systems of capitalist countries then lets all jump on that. Until then, the movement with all the organisations and individuals involved is doing good by seeking correction for heinous acts.


The fact that BLM - the leading organisation - is financially supported by an ex-terrorist is a fact, not an error. And despite your post, it remains that this organisation, the organisation whose slogan and entailed mission is endorsed by its followers (groups and/or individuals), has major shady links. Links to violent terrorism. To be clear, I am talking about an organisation (not their innocent blind followers) that exploits a just cause and its related charity fundings to promote a secondary political agenda on a global level.

How far will this have to go for people to see how dangerously wrong this is?

[Edited 7/1/20 6:48am]

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/01/20 3:22pm

IanRG

CherryMoon57 said:

IanRG said:

The error you keep on making is that BLM is not a single organisation - There are at least two organisations named BLM. It is a movement. This fact annoys your "trained marxist". She has lamented time and time again that despite being one of the first three to use the term in social media, others have taken this up without "due" credit.

.

The BLM protests in Australia were in international solidarity but with a special focus on Indigenous Australian deaths in custody were not organised or funded by her organisation. Various organisations and individuals in the USA were involved with BLM protests outside of her organisation.

.

If you find them doing something that is not about undoing these systemic racist inequities in the criminal justice systems of capitalist countries then lets all jump on that. Until then, the movement with all the organisations and individuals involved is doing good by seeking correction for heinous acts.


The fact that BLM - the leading organisation - is financially supported by an ex-terrorist is a fact, not an error. And despite your post, it remains that this organisation, the organisation whose slogan and entailed mission is endorsed by its followers (groups and/or individuals), has major shady links. Links to violent terrorism. To be clear, I am talking about an organisation (not their innocent blind followers) that exploits a just cause and its related charity fundings to promote a secondary political agenda on a global level.

How far will this have to go for people to see how dangerously wrong this is?

[Edited 7/1/20 6:48am]

.

But there are two so called leading organisations. And many other organisations. It is a movement, not a recreation of Comintern and no, all the other organisations and people are not just blindly following.

.

You are not under threat of communist take over just because people want racist police violence to end and some of those people have been active Marxists. This should involve all people from the far left to the far right - even people with shady histories.

.

People have addressed your concerns time and time again - whilst ever BLM is doing good, that is good and we are not being blind followers. As soon as it pushes a different political agenda drop it like its hot. If you cannot point to where the danger is actually occuring right now rather than progressing postivitely to reduce racist police violence, then this is why people are not seeing that this has gone too far. By all means, please be our policeman and advise us when this occurs. 8 minutes and 46 seconds after this, if what you say is right, I will join you.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/01/20 4:15pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

IanRG said:

CherryMoon57 said:


The fact that BLM - the leading organisation - is financially supported by an ex-terrorist is a fact, not an error. And despite your post, it remains that this organisation, the organisation whose slogan and entailed mission is endorsed by its followers (groups and/or individuals), has major shady links. Links to violent terrorism. To be clear, I am talking about an organisation (not their innocent blind followers) that exploits a just cause and its related charity fundings to promote a secondary political agenda on a global level.

How far will this have to go for people to see how dangerously wrong this is?

[Edited 7/1/20 6:48am]

.

But there are two so called leading organisations. And many other organisations. It is a movement, not a recreation of Comintern and no, all the other organisations and people are not just blindly following.

.

You are not under threat of communist take over just because people want racist police violence to end and some of those people have been active Marxists. This should involve all people from the far left to the far right - even people with shady histories.

.

People have addressed your concerns time and time again - whilst ever BLM is doing good, that is good and we are not being blind followers. As soon as it pushes a different political agenda drop it like its hot. If you cannot point to where the danger is actually occuring right now rather than progressing postivitely to reduce racist police violence, then this is why people are not seeing that this has gone too far. By all means, please be our policeman and advise us when this occurs. 8 minutes and 46 seconds after this, if what you say is right, I will join you.


Are you even not concerned about where all that donated money goes or if it goes anywhere at all? Given that those two leading BLM organisations (including a one-man organisation in Santa Clarita) have both been supported by Thousand Currents (the one with convicted terrorist) and that the main one (BLM Global Network Foundation) is currently getting millions - or rather Thousand Currents is - from crowdfunding and big corporations (including Amazon and Kellogs)... All these millions being raked in and no transparency whatsoever on where it goes. As for threats... Just look at Rosenberg's past to see how far she went on her 'mission' and how she got the support from a POTUS (no less) to bail her out. The people behind this movement certainly have the power and means they need to go far and now they have also managed to pull the wool over everyone's eyes by convincing them they are going to make positive changes in their lives... All these are just tactics destined to get everyone onboard.

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/01/20 5:58pm

DonRants

[Off topic snip - luv4u]

To All the Haters on the Internet
No more Candy 4 U
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/01/20 6:53pm

IanRG

CherryMoon57 said:

IanRG said:

.

But there are two so called leading organisations. And many other organisations. It is a movement, not a recreation of Comintern and no, all the other organisations and people are not just blindly following.

.

You are not under threat of communist take over just because people want racist police violence to end and some of those people have been active Marxists. This should involve all people from the far left to the far right - even people with shady histories.

.

People have addressed your concerns time and time again - whilst ever BLM is doing good, that is good and we are not being blind followers. As soon as it pushes a different political agenda drop it like its hot. If you cannot point to where the danger is actually occuring right now rather than progressing postivitely to reduce racist police violence, then this is why people are not seeing that this has gone too far. By all means, please be our policeman and advise us when this occurs. 8 minutes and 46 seconds after this, if what you say is right, I will join you.


Are you even not concerned about where all that donated money goes or if it goes anywhere at all? Given that those two leading BLM organisations (including a one-man organisation in Santa Clarita) have both been supported by Thousand Currents (the one with convicted terrorist) and that the main one (BLM Global Network Foundation) is currently getting millions - or rather Thousand Currents is - from crowdfunding and big corporations (including Amazon and Kellogs)... All these millions being raked in and no transparency whatsoever on where it goes. As for threats... Just look at Rosenberg's past to see how far she went on her 'mission' and how she got the support from a POTUS (no less) to bail her out. The people behind this movement certainly have the power and means they need to go far and now they have also managed to pull the wool over everyone's eyes by convincing them they are going to make positive changes in their lives... All these are just tactics destined to get everyone onboard.

.

The Electoral Justice Project of the Movement for Black Lives is a coalition of over 150 organisations. This is but one of the key organisations that is coordinating the BLM movement.

.

Until you can show that somehow oversight is not possible the way it normally is on charities and funds and that the donations are going elsewhere to undermine capitalism, all you are doing is seeking to justify an end to BLM. What is your motive? Do you want the racist police violence to stop? Or, are you just concerned about a marxist takeover because people in your family were killed in 1917?

.

Until there is any indication that the wool has been pulled over people's eyes and this is not about ending racist police violence, this is just speculation. As we have seen movements in a number of police across the world to make postitive changes and no indication of what you fear, this is a lets work together to improve the situation and, like every other charity or movement, watch this space to keep them on point and within the law.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/02/20 1:24am

maplenpg

avatar

CherryMoon57 said:

maplenpg said:

I'm not sure I understand your main point. Sure, from the article you've posted it seems BLM is using Thousand Currents for tax exemption purposes, having them act as a quasi-manager, but I see nothing to suggest that anything underhand is going on. From the article you posted:

Charity Navigator, a non-profit organization that rates charities on their transparency and financial health, gave Thousand Currents four out of four stars, noting that 79% of their finances go toward program expenses


And they may have this person on their board, but doesn't everyone deserve a second chance? She did her time. I don't think we should automatically assume the worst based on her past. The company certainly seems like it does a lot of good things (from the Thousand Currents website):


For almost 35 years, Thousand Currents (formerly IDEX) has invested more than US$10 million in 1,000 community-led initiatives in the Global South. Today, we are exchanging grassroots brilliance for lasting and transformative change. Our partners are currently working with and connected to over 200 million women, small farmers, Indigenous Peoples, urban residents, sexual and ethnic minorities, and youth.


A second chance for what? Use social injustice to further her (previously aborted) career as a terrorist? Or perhaps seek revenge on the police for her years in prison? Interesting that the main current goal of BLM is to defund the police. And also of course the news that Cullors is a self-proclaimed 'trained marxist' (I wonder who 'trained' her).

So while you 'are not sure' you understand the problem, Thousand Currents themselves understand this issue very well since, as soon as her involvement was highlighted, they immediately hid the page where Rosenberg appears as one of their directors.

Who in their right mind would want to support an organisation linked with marxism AND terrorist groups? Do you?


[Edited 7/1/20 2:53am]

I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest this is the case.

[Edited 7/2/20 1:25am]

The Org is my playground and y'all are my playmates.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/02/20 1:26am

maplenpg

avatar

IanRG said:

CherryMoon57 said:


Are you even not concerned about where all that donated money goes or if it goes anywhere at all? Given that those two leading BLM organisations (including a one-man organisation in Santa Clarita) have both been supported by Thousand Currents (the one with convicted terrorist) and that the main one (BLM Global Network Foundation) is currently getting millions - or rather Thousand Currents is - from crowdfunding and big corporations (including Amazon and Kellogs)... All these millions being raked in and no transparency whatsoever on where it goes. As for threats... Just look at Rosenberg's past to see how far she went on her 'mission' and how she got the support from a POTUS (no less) to bail her out. The people behind this movement certainly have the power and means they need to go far and now they have also managed to pull the wool over everyone's eyes by convincing them they are going to make positive changes in their lives... All these are just tactics destined to get everyone onboard.

.

The Electoral Justice Project of the Movement for Black Lives is a coalition of over 150 organisations. This is but one of the key organisations that is coordinating the BLM movement.

.

Until you can show that somehow oversight is not possible the way it normally is on charities and funds and that the donations are going elsewhere to undermine capitalism, all you are doing is seeking to justify an end to BLM. What is your motive? Do you want the racist police violence to stop? Or, are you just concerned about a marxist takeover because people in your family were killed in 1917?

.

Until there is any indication that the wool has been pulled over people's eyes and this is not about ending racist police violence, this is just speculation. As we have seen movements in a number of police across the world to make postitive changes and no indication of what you fear, this is a lets work together to improve the situation and, like every other charity or movement, watch this space to keep them on point and within the law.

This.

The Org is my playground and y'all are my playmates.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/02/20 1:28am

maplenpg

avatar

DonRants said:

Oh boy...here we go...BLM will have to be made up of only white school-aged children before it is accepted in some quarters.

Seriously why don't fokes go after the Alt-Right and other groups witch such gusto.

This.

The Org is my playground and y'all are my playmates.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/02/20 3:18am

CherryMoon57

avatar

Thanks for your comments folks.

It is interesting to see the responses with regards to the terrorists affiliations at the top of the BLM movement. I am somewhat surprised that some of you do not bat an eyelid at the sound of 'bombings' and other methods of violence used for a supposedly 'peaceful' objective.

But anyway, I just wanted to make people out there aware of what lies at the source of the BLM organisation. People can look further into it if they wish or choose to ignore the valid implications these connections entail, but it is not my job to influence their critical thinking process.

As for me, based on these affiliations and the tangible consequences such politically fuelled movements have had on my own family since 1917 with the barbaric persecution of innocent people in Russia, I will choose caution and keep my distance from it.

For the record and contrary to what some posts are suggesting, I am not a far-right supporter either, and as always, I remain on the side of those who are or have been oppressed, especially those whose misfortunes are being secretly exploited for unrelated political ends.

I do recognise that racism still exists because I often see it here in England. However, starting a hate campaign against the police or white people as a whole is not going to solve anything. Eradicating the police force will only result in lawlessness/more problems. And blaming innocent 'white' people will just breed more hatred and division than there has ever been.

[Edited 7/2/20 3:23am]

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/02/20 3:23am

2elijah

avatar

[Off topic snip - luv4u]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/02/20 5:09am

deebee

avatar

Does she know Bill Ayers?? omfg

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/02/20 5:23am

benni

avatar

CherryMoon57 said:


After looking further into the topic raised on another thread, I was going to post this but the thread didn't allow any further postings.

I think people who are followers of this movement should be aware that one of the main financial supporters of BLM is a group called Thousand Currents.

One of their directors is this person:


Susan Lisa Rosenberg (born 1955) is an activist, writer and advocate for social justice and prisoners' rights. From the late 1970s into the mid-1980s, Rosenberg was active in the far-left revolutionary terrorist May 19th Communist Organization, which engaged in bombings of buildings and provided support to the Black Liberation Army.[1] After living as a fugitive for two years, she was arrested in 1984 while in possession of explosives and firearms. She had also been sought as an accomplice in the 1979 prison escape of Assata Shakur and was suspected but never charged in the 1981 Brink's robbery that led to the death of two guards and a police officer.[2]

Rosenberg was sentenced to 58 years in prison on the weapons and explosives charges. She spent 16 years in prison, during which she became a poet, author and AIDS activist. Her sentence was commuted by President Bill Clinton on January 20, 2001, his final day in office.
https://en.wikipedia.org/..._Rosenberg


There is an article about this here:

https://greatgameindia.co...es-matter/.


Interestingly, shortly after this information became more widely noticed, the organisation suddenly removed their board of directors page from their website. However, it can still be viewed here: http://web.archive.org/we...directors/




'Members of the May 19th Communist Organization, even when showing support for the group's goals of ridding the United States of racism, police brutality, and insufficient public housing, were often accused of not being fervent enough about the causes that the group pursued.
[...]

Activities

From 1982 to 1985 M19CO committed a series of bombings, including bombings of the National War College, the Washington Navy Yard Computing Center, the Israeli Aircraft Industries Building, New York City's South African consulate, the Washington Navy Yard Officers' Club, New York City's Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, and the United States Capitol Building. Three officers were killed during the Brinks Robbery, but no one was injured or killed in their bombings.[10] Almost all the M19CO members were convicted in a US Court of Law for these offenses, but Elizabeth Ann Duke remains at large.


https://en.wikipedia.org/...ganization


[Edited 6/30/20 23:50pm]

[Edited 7/1/20 10:11am]


You do realize that Thousand Currents is NOT the Black Lives Matter movement, yes? These are two completely separate organizations.

In doing all of your research, did you bother to visit the Thousand Currents web page to look at what they do? They don't just provide funds to BLM movement, they provide funds to any grassroot endeavors that try to change their communities. Trying to equate the BLM movement with Thousand Currents and their Board of Directors would be like trying to equate Trump's previous charity to every white supremacist that donated money to his charity.

@GeorgeTrue1 -- Alex's Jones's Razor - it's not that sharp
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/04/20 3:08am

CherryMoon57

avatar

benni said:

CherryMoon57 said:


After looking further into the topic raised on another thread, I was going to post this but the thread didn't allow any further postings.

I think people who are followers of this movement should be aware that one of the main financial supporters of BLM is a group called Thousand Currents.

One of their directors is this person:


Susan Lisa Rosenberg (born 1955) is an activist, writer and advocate for social justice and prisoners' rights. From the late 1970s into the mid-1980s, Rosenberg was active in the far-left revolutionary terrorist May 19th Communist Organization, which engaged in bombings of buildings and provided support to the Black Liberation Army.[1] After living as a fugitive for two years, she was arrested in 1984 while in possession of explosives and firearms. She had also been sought as an accomplice in the 1979 prison escape of Assata Shakur and was suspected but never charged in the 1981 Brink's robbery that led to the death of two guards and a police officer.[2]

Rosenberg was sentenced to 58 years in prison on the weapons and explosives charges. She spent 16 years in prison, during which she became a poet, author and AIDS activist. Her sentence was commuted by President Bill Clinton on January 20, 2001, his final day in office.
https://en.wikipedia.org/..._Rosenberg


There is an article about this here:

https://greatgameindia.co...es-matter/.


Interestingly, shortly after this information became more widely noticed, the organisation suddenly removed their board of directors page from their website. However, it can still be viewed here: http://web.archive.org/we...directors/




'Members of the May 19th Communist Organization, even when showing support for the group's goals of ridding the United States of racism, police brutality, and insufficient public housing, were often accused of not being fervent enough about the causes that the group pursued.
[...]

Activities

From 1982 to 1985 M19CO committed a series of bombings, including bombings of the National War College, the Washington Navy Yard Computing Center, the Israeli Aircraft Industries Building, New York City's South African consulate, the Washington Navy Yard Officers' Club, New York City's Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, and the United States Capitol Building. Three officers were killed during the Brinks Robbery, but no one was injured or killed in their bombings.[10] Almost all the M19CO members were convicted in a US Court of Law for these offenses, but Elizabeth Ann Duke remains at large.


https://en.wikipedia.org/...ganization


[Edited 6/30/20 23:50pm]

[Edited 7/1/20 10:11am]


You do realize that Thousand Currents is NOT the Black Lives Matter movement, yes? These are two completely separate organizations.

In doing all of your research, did you bother to visit the Thousand Currents web page to look at what they do? They don't just provide funds to BLM movement, they provide funds to any grassroot endeavors that try to change their communities. Trying to equate the BLM movement with Thousand Currents and their Board of Directors would be like trying to equate Trump's previous charity to every white supremacist that donated money to his charity.


Thousand Currents were there from the start for BLM and it still is their main financial support. The fact that they've put their eggs in more than one basket is not going to change anything to the fact that the two organisations have strong links with one another. Couple that with Cullors' admission of being a 'trained marxist'... It is getting quasi-impossible to not see all this as more than just a 'coincidence'.

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/04/20 3:12am

CherryMoon57

avatar

A bit more info about where their money goes:

'Thousand Currents reported $3,354,654 and $2,622,017 in donor-restricted assets for the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation in audits covering fiscal year 2019 and 2018, respectively.[31] These audits also showed that 83.3 percent of Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation total expenditures were for personnel, consultant, and travel costs during the three year period from 2017-2019.[32] About 6 percent of expenditures were in the form of grants to outside organizations, including to local Black Lives Matter chapters.[33]

Thousand Currents IRS filings for 2017 and 2018 show more than $90,000 in grants to the Black Lives Matter Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in Santa Clarita, California.[34] According to BuzzFeed News, the Black Lives Matter Foundation is unaffiliated with the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation sponsored by Thousand Currents.[35]'


https://www.influencewatc...-currents/

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/04/20 5:47am

CherryMoon57

avatar

For those who still think there is no connection at all between the two organisations, please read on.


Pulled from the original thread (BLM and the Marxist connection https://prince.org/msg/105/463555)(post #1):


“We are trained Marxists,” Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said, during an interview with Real News Network, further adding to the parallels between her movement and the rise of Mao Zedong’s Marxist movement in China.

Cullors, 36, was the protégé of Eric Mann, former agitator of the Weather Underground domestic terror organization, and spent years absorbing the Marxist-Leninist ideology that shaped her worldview, Breitbart News reported.

“The first thing, I think, is that we actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia(Garza) in particular are trained organizers,” she said, referring to BLM co-founder Alicia Garza.

“We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk,” Cullors added in the interview with Jared Ball of The Real News Network.

While promoting her book “When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir” in 2018, Cullors described her introduction to and support for Marxist ideology.

She described to Democracy Now! how she became a trained organizer with the Labor/Community Strategy Center, which she called her “first political home” under the mentorship of Mann, its director, Breitbart reported.

The center, which describes its philosophy as “an urban experiment,” uses grassroots organization to “focus on Black and Latino communities with deep historical ties to the long history of anti-colonial, anti-imperialist, pro-communist resistance to the US empire,” according to the outlet.

It also expresses its appreciation for the work of the US Communist Party, “especially Black communists,” as well as its support for “the great work of the Black Panther Party, the American Indian Movement, Young Lords, Brown Berets, and the great revolutionary rainbow experiments of the 1970s,” Breitbart reported.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

[Edited 7/4/20 5:53am]

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/04/20 3:42pm

IanRG

CherryMoon57 said:

For those who still think there is no connection at all between the two organisations, please read on.


Pulled from the original thread (BLM and the Marxist connection https://prince.org/msg/105/463555)(post #1):


“We are trained Marxists,” Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said, during an interview with Real News Network, further adding to the parallels between her movement and the rise of Mao Zedong’s Marxist movement in China.

Cullors, 36, was the protégé of Eric Mann, former agitator of the Weather Underground domestic terror organization, and spent years absorbing the Marxist-Leninist ideology that shaped her worldview, Breitbart News reported.

“The first thing, I think, is that we actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia(Garza) in particular are trained organizers,” she said, referring to BLM co-founder Alicia Garza.

“We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk,” Cullors added in the interview with Jared Ball of The Real News Network.

While promoting her book “When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir” in 2018, Cullors described her introduction to and support for Marxist ideology.

She described to Democracy Now! how she became a trained organizer with the Labor/Community Strategy Center, which she called her “first political home” under the mentorship of Mann, its director, Breitbart reported.

The center, which describes its philosophy as “an urban experiment,” uses grassroots organization to “focus on Black and Latino communities with deep historical ties to the long history of anti-colonial, anti-imperialist, pro-communist resistance to the US empire,” according to the outlet.

It also expresses its appreciation for the work of the US Communist Party, “especially Black communists,” as well as its support for “the great work of the Black Panther Party, the American Indian Movement, Young Lords, Brown Berets, and the great revolutionary rainbow experiments of the 1970s,” Breitbart reported.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

[Edited 7/4/20 5:53am]

.

When you come up with something substantive then this can be considered. As it stands at this moment, this is about one of the more than 150 organisations in the US alone working for the movement of BLM plus all the separate chapters etc and individuals that are all working together to stop actual, real and systemic racist violence by police forces and justice systems around the world.

.

Reposting what has already been addressed from a blocked thread is adding nothing and it is coming off as a bit obsessive. So far you have supplied nothing that points to this leading to a Marxist takeover of anywhere or anything. There is more prove of far-right libertarians seeking to use the BLM protests to push for new civil war through the boogaloos.

[Edited 7/4/20 15:48pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/04/20 3:46pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

deebee said:

Does she know Bill Ayers?? omfg



Certainly she knows Rev. Wright...
eek
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/04/20 4:18pm

13cjk13

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

deebee said:

Does she know Bill Ayers?? omfg

Certainly she knows Rev. Wright... eek

SHE IS ANTIFAAAAAA omfg omfg omfg

"hey if you found out someone gave you a fake $20 would you be mad?"It is in fact #TRUTH
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/05/20 3:59am

CherryMoon57

avatar

IanRG said:

CherryMoon57 said:

For those who still think there is no connection at all between the two organisations, please read on.


Pulled from the original thread (BLM and the Marxist connection https://prince.org/msg/105/463555)(post #1):


[Edited 7/4/20 5:53am]

.

When you come up with something substantive then this can be considered. As it stands at this moment, this is about one of the more than 150 organisations in the US alone working for the movement of BLM plus all the separate chapters etc and individuals that are all working together to stop actual, real and systemic racist violence by police forces and justice systems around the world.

.

Reposting what has already been addressed from a blocked thread is adding nothing and it is coming off as a bit obsessive. So far you have supplied nothing that points to this leading to a Marxist takeover of anywhere or anything. There is more prove of far-right libertarians seeking to use the BLM protests to push for new civil war through the boogaloos.

[Edited 7/4/20 15:48pm]

Something substantive? Like what? And what is it you are suggesting there is to consider?

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/05/20 5:11am

IanRG

CherryMoon57 said:

IanRG said:

.

When you come up with something substantive then this can be considered. As it stands at this moment, this is about one of the more than 150 organisations in the US alone working for the movement of BLM plus all the separate chapters etc and individuals that are all working together to stop actual, real and systemic racist violence by police forces and justice systems around the world.

.

Reposting what has already been addressed from a blocked thread is adding nothing and it is coming off as a bit obsessive. So far you have supplied nothing that points to this leading to a Marxist takeover of anywhere or anything. There is more prove of far-right libertarians seeking to use the BLM protests to push for new civil war through the boogaloos.

[Edited 7/4/20 15:48pm]

Something substantive? Like what? And what is it you are suggesting there is to consider?

.

Substantive as in not speculation.

.

It is not me who is suggesting anything. Based on the actions of the more than 150 different organisations (in the US alone and many more elsewhere) working together to seek a reduction in systemic racist actions by the police and criminal justice system, there is currently no real threat of a surreptitious marxist takeover from the BLM protests. This is regardless of previous actions of one board member of one of the funding groups of one of the BLM organisations. On the other hand there are Boogaloos in custody for actions in the protests to push their agenda for a new civil war.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/05/20 8:08am

CherryMoon57

avatar

IanRG said:

CherryMoon57 said:

Something substantive? Like what? And what is it you are suggesting there is to consider?

.

Substantive as in not speculation.

.

It is not me who is suggesting anything. Based on the actions of the more than 150 different organisations (in the US alone and many more elsewhere) working together to seek a reduction in systemic racist actions by the police and criminal justice system, there is currently no real threat of a surreptitious marxist takeover from the BLM protests. This is regardless of previous actions of one board member of one of the funding groups of one of the BLM organisations. On the other hand there are Boogaloos in custody for actions in the protests to push their agenda for a new civil war.

If you say so Ian, then it must be true.

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/05/20 8:51am

CherryMoon57

avatar

Nothing To See Here, Please Disperse! GIF by dCo3lh0 | Gfycat

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/05/20 1:53pm

IanRG

CherryMoon57 said:

IanRG said:

.

Substantive as in not speculation.

.

It is not me who is suggesting anything. Based on the actions of the more than 150 different organisations (in the US alone and many more elsewhere) working together to seek a reduction in systemic racist actions by the police and criminal justice system, there is currently no real threat of a surreptitious marxist takeover from the BLM protests. This is regardless of previous actions of one board member of one of the funding groups of one of the BLM organisations. On the other hand there are Boogaloos in custody for actions in the protests to push their agenda for a new civil war.

If you say so Ian, then it must be true.

.

Instead of acting like that (including the silly picture above), show something substantive. That is all you have to do.

.

All you are doing is scare mongering based on an inherited fear from what happened to your family in 1917.

.

It is not whether I say so, it it that you have not shown anything that has occurred in since the BLM started that will lead to a surreptitious marxist takeover.

.

If you can't say so Cherry, then there is no reason to believe what you keep on hinting at is true.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/05/20 4:47pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

IanRG said:

CherryMoon57 said:

If you say so Ian, then it must be true.

.

Instead of acting like that (including the silly picture above), show something substantive. That is all you have to do.

.

All you are doing is scare mongering based on an inherited fear from what happened to your family in 1917.

.

It is not whether I say so, it it that you have not shown anything that has occurred in since the BLM started that will lead to a surreptitious marxist takeover.

.

If you can't say so Cherry, then there is no reason to believe what you keep on hinting at is true.


I don't really have time for another pointless argument with you Ian. If you read up, this thread is showing some facts (not speculations) about the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation. There are evidenced links with extreme left radicals, past terrorist organisations and a strong desire amongst BLM supporters to overthrow our current systems (not just racism). History (not me) has already shown the dangers of such political endeavours. I shared the example of Russia but that is only one example amongst many, as already discussed in the previous thread.

Now of course I don't have a crystal ball so I cannot predict the future (and neither can you), but I believe there is wisdom in learning from past mistakes and that it is foolish to think that the exact same recipe will give you a completely different result. As for fear mongering, both the BLM organisation and the movement are currently doing a great job at intimidating innocent people, and we know the people involved in the network have previously taken part in actions of violence and bombings on official buildings to get their political message accross. Now you can choose to discuss that if you want or if you are not interested, go on another thread and discuss another topic.

But if you chose to divert the energy of this thread (as you have done with so many others) towards a silly beside-the-point personal argument about an orger (in this case, me), instead of the actual topic, then do not be surprised if I respond to you on the same level (with silly stuff).

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/05/20 5:38pm

IanRG

CherryMoon57 said:

IanRG said:

.

Instead of acting like that (including the silly picture above), show something substantive. That is all you have to do.

.

All you are doing is scare mongering based on an inherited fear from what happened to your family in 1917.

.

It is not whether I say so, it it that you have not shown anything that has occurred in since the BLM started that will lead to a surreptitious marxist takeover.

.

If you can't say so Cherry, then there is no reason to believe what you keep on hinting at is true.


I don't really have time for another pointless argument with you Ian. If you read up, this thread is showing some facts (not speculations) about the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation. There are evidenced links with extreme left radicals, past terrorist organisations and a strong desire amongst BLM supporters to overthrow our current systems (not just racism). History (not me) has already shown the dangers of such political endeavours. I shared the example of Russia but that is only one example amongst many, as already discussed in the previous thread.

Now of course I don't have a crystal ball so I cannot predict the future (and neither can you), but I believe there is wisdom in learning from past mistakes and that it is foolish to think that the exact same recipe will give you a completely different result. As for fear mongering, both the BLM organisation and the movement are currently doing a great job at intimidating innocent people, and we know the people involved in the network have previously taken part in actions of violence and bombings on official buildings to get their political message accross. Now you can choose to discuss that if you want or if you are not interested, go on another thread and discuss another topic.

But if you chose to divert the energy of this thread (as you have done with so many others) towards a silly beside-the-point personal argument about an orger (in this case, me), instead of the actual topic, then do not be surprised if I respond to you on the same level (with silly stuff).

.

This thread has already been edited by pointless personal attacks - please stop this. I have not made any person attacks on you.

.

I stood with you on BoJo's advisor travel and others calling this to bring down a government, so I do not have this imagined history of pointless arguments with you.

.

On your facts: You have not answered the following points:

.

1 The BLM movement is not one organisation - there are more than 150 organsations in the USA alone working for this movement. This is not pointless or personal, just a fact.

.

2 A funding organisation for one of these 150 groups in the USA is not the main funding body of the BLM movement, just that one part of it. This is not pointless or personal, just a fact.

.

3 One of the board members being found guilty in 1984 of having explosives and firearms but not charged or found guilty of terrorism is not proof she can never do any good. Her work on Aids and on ethical movements whilst in prison and after her sentence was commuted by the President hardly supports the argument she is, today, a terrorist seeking a marxist dictatorship. This in on the point of the thread and is not personal. It requires no time travel - we can look to her past since she was charged.

.

4 Nothing you have presented shows there is any thread of a marxist takeover from BLM.

.

5 There are people in gaol today facing charges for killing people whilst seeking to escalate the protests to encourage the Boogaloo objective of a new civil war. Is anyone in gaol from Thousand Current for crimes whilst encouraging a marxist dictatorship through that organisation?

.

As an additional point: That an administrative and promotional political body supporting a broad based and disaggregated movement to stop systemic racist violence by police and criminal justice system spends its money on administration and consultation in regards to stopping systemic racist violence by police and the criminal justice system is normal. If you read the link in the article you posted here that included the response by that BLM body to the figures, you will have read that the figures are wrong, they are grouped for IRS disclosure purposes and the direct action and support for victims of this violence is spent at the local community chapter levels. How does the $6 million spent over 2 years compare to the amount Biden and trump have collected for the administration and promotion of their political objective? As of 20 June, they have collected more than $1.5 BILLION just for one election.

.

Nothing you presented demonstrates any potential threat of a surreptitious marxist takeover by actions to encourage a reduction in systemic racist violence by police and the criminal justice system. Just as I stood with you when others called for BoJo's government to be brought down because an advisor visited his parents, I will stand with you if there is any real, actual miss use of BLM donated funds to a different agenda.

[Edited 7/5/20 17:55pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 17 123456789>Last »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > BLM issues and more...