independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > I’ve never understood why prince was booed at The Rolling Stones concert.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 11 « First<2345678910>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 01/29/20 9:19am

RJOrion

poppys said:



RJOrion said:


OldFriends4Sale said:



You're a Prince fan right?



All that stuff you said goes against who Prince was.

Prince was not some regular person. He was a star from day one


What male entertainers in the 70s(and 80s) didn't put on the pomp and circumstance?


Is Straight the same as Heterosexual?

"Watch" Lenny Kravitz, Slash, Terrance Trent D'Arby, Mick Jagger, David Lee Roth, Jesse Johnson, Rick James... same mannerisms as Prince just different degrees


Prince is not a regular brutha walking down you street neighborhood

And Prince clearly isn't 'brutha' like Wesley Snipes or Tony M who said Prince 'wasn't black enough and he was going to shove black down that ___ throat'


Prince was just 'PRETTY'


You need to take another look at 1970s arts because they were more flamboyant than what you see in this Prince gif

Prince was a rock star, He had the same hair during Lovesexy Batman Graffiti Bridge


It's who he is always has been. If you haven't reconciled that by now ... confused




back then, i liked a couple Prince songs from 1979-1981, but it WASNT a Prince fan at all yet...as a teenager, i was disgusted by his effeminate posturing...i didnt become a "fan" until after Purple Rain when he started to put some clothes on and add some machismo to his persona...and whether you think its homophobic (dumb word) or not, in 1979 any black man wearing processed and feathered hair, girly panties, legwarmers, high heeled boots and eyeliner was almost universally called a sissy, or sissified or a homo...it may be trendy and "cool" to be gay now, but it wasnt always that way



You can say all of that about Mick Jagger too, except he's not black. Everybody doesn't have the unisex clothing hang up you had/have either, even back then.



ive never been a fan of Jagger or Bowie or Freddie Mercury, etc either..i dont have/had any so-called "hangups"...im just firm in my beliefs that men should dress and behave like men and ladies should dres and behave as ladies...and i have right and freedom and justification to feel this way, just as the people who have different views have the right and freedom to express themselves... thats not a "hang-up", thats a fact
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 01/29/20 9:29am

paligap

avatar

...

...

Worth noting that Journey also got booed off the stage at the beginning of that same Rolling Stones 1981 Tour (September 27, Rich Stadium, NY)...and they were at the height of popularity at the time......

...

....

" I've got six things on my mind --you're no longer one of them." - Paddy McAloon, Prefab Sprout
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 01/29/20 9:33am

RJOrion

the troubling thing about the whole LGBT movement/agenda is that the people who dont support or live that lifestyle, and people that openly proclaim heterosexuality, or support hetersexual relationships and dont believe in homosexuality as a choice, are the ones being mocked and villified, and/or even losing their jobs...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 01/29/20 9:33am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

RJOrion said:

poppys said:


You can say all of that about Mick Jagger too, except he's not black. Everybody doesn't have the unisex clothing hang up you had/have either, even back then.

ive never been a fan of Jagger or Bowie or Freddie Mercury, etc either..i dont have/had any so-called "hangups"...im just firm in my beliefs that men should dress and behave like men and ladies should dres and behave as ladies...and i have right and freedom and justification to feel this way, just as the people who have different views have the right and freedom to express themselves... thats not a "hang-up", thats a fact

That's exactly what a hang-up is yo lol

Is this from a religious leaning?

Because the truth is, as animals we are naked

But why again are you a Prince fan?

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://www.youtube.com/w...bs57Kl3OOU
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your milli
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 01/29/20 9:46am

RJOrion

OldFriends4Sale said:



RJOrion said:


poppys said:



You can say all of that about Mick Jagger too, except he's not black. Everybody doesn't have the unisex clothing hang up you had/have either, even back then.



ive never been a fan of Jagger or Bowie or Freddie Mercury, etc either..i dont have/had any so-called "hangups"...im just firm in my beliefs that men should dress and behave like men and ladies should dres and behave as ladies...and i have right and freedom and justification to feel this way, just as the people who have different views have the right and freedom to express themselves... thats not a "hang-up", thats a fact


That's exactly what a hang-up is yo lol



Is this from a religious leaning?



Because the truth is, as animals we are naked


But why again are you a Prince fan?




so, as humans we're supposed to act like the other animal life forms?...go naked?...doodoo or have sex in the middle of the street?...howl or cockadoodle do at the moon or the Sun rise?...what do animals being naked have to do with human behavior? (nothing)... of course im a Prince fan...because of the greatness of the MUSIC and PERFORMANCES...and none of this has anything to do with any"religion"...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 01/29/20 9:49am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

RJOrion said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

That's exactly what a hang-up is yo lol

Is this from a religious leaning?

Because the truth is, as animals we are naked

But why again are you a Prince fan?

so, as humans we're supposed to act like the other animal life forms?...go naked?...doodoo or have sex in the middle of the street?...howl or cockadoodle do at the moon or the Sun rise?...what do animals being naked have to do with human behavior? (nothing)... of course im a Prince fan...because of the greatness of the MUSIC and PERFORMANCES...and none of this has anything to do with any"religion"...

I mean that by nature, we don't come into the world wearing garments.

Clothing is something we put on for a reason and take off.
Why do human wear clothing...
Your African-American, there are many ethnic African groups that wear very little or nothing at time.

.

Sorry you cannot tell me your opinion isn't influenced indirectly. Someone taught you something...

.

Prince was everything you find detestable right to the end

19029538_1361632793889911_8093188244667432472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=yEjUPUUOTREAX8pic1a&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=dff6f593f7eeaa25f79588ebf9ea52a4&oe=5EC4CD33

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://www.youtube.com/w...bs57Kl3OOU
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your milli
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 01/29/20 9:51am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

RJOrion said:

the troubling thing about the whole LGBT movement/agenda is that the people who dont support or live that lifestyle, and people that openly proclaim heterosexuality, or support hetersexual relationships and dont believe in homosexuality as a choice, are the ones being mocked and villified, and/or even losing their jobs...

Create a thread in P&R

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://www.youtube.com/w...bs57Kl3OOU
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your milli
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 01/29/20 9:51am

PliablyPurple

There is no way in hell that the discrimination het people might experience equals that of what the gay community has gone through, and if one actually believes that, I would suggest brushing up on some history about what the gay community has experienced.

To this question posed: Why are you a Prince fan? I would say that it comes down to the music. As it should. Everything else that Prince did certainly contributed to his greatness, but the music is number one and that appeals to all kinds of pov's. No artist can control that. Hell, I recall Pearl Jam being booed for Eddie Vedder's anti-Bush antics onstage. That is a group that is well known as liberal activists.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 01/29/20 10:05am

RJOrion

OldFriends4Sale said:



RJOrion said:


OldFriends4Sale said:



That's exactly what a hang-up is yo lol



Is this from a religious leaning?



Because the truth is, as animals we are naked


But why again are you a Prince fan?



so, as humans we're supposed to act like the other animal life forms?...go naked?...doodoo or have sex in the middle of the street?...howl or cockadoodle do at the moon or the Sun rise?...what do animals being naked have to do with human behavior? (nothing)... of course im a Prince fan...because of the greatness of the MUSIC and PERFORMANCES...and none of this has anything to do with any"religion"...




I mean that by nature, we don't come into the world wearing garments.

Clothing is something we put on for a reason and take off.
Why do human wear clothing...
Your African-American, there are many ethnic African groups that wear very little or nothing at time.


.


Sorry you cannot tell me your opinion isn't influenced indirectly. Someone taught you something...


.


Prince was everything you find detestable right to the end


19029538_1361632793889911_8093188244667432472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=yEjUPUUOTREAX8pic1a&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=dff6f593f7eeaa25f79588ebf9ea52a4&oe=5EC4CD33




the world taught me...starting with my parents... i dont know how old you are, but homosexuality was LONG considered a sickness...and deviant...and reprehensible...and evil..and underground..this age of acceptance for homosexuality is a new agenda and a new creation...perpetuated by the media and federal and local governments...includng the school systems... but to each their own beliefs... i can be a fan of someone and even a friend or family member to someone who has different beliefs about sexuality
[Edited 1/29/20 10:06am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 01/29/20 10:10am

RJOrion

OldFriends4Sale said:



RJOrion said:


the troubling thing about the whole LGBT movement/agenda is that the people who dont support or live that lifestyle, and people that openly proclaim heterosexuality, or support hetersexual relationships and dont believe in homosexuality as a choice, are the ones being mocked and villified, and/or even losing their jobs...


Create a thread in P&R



ie never created a thread EVER...and this isnt my concern to the point that i would start a thread about it...i was just responding to YOU trying to tell me i have "hang-ups" because i have different beliefs than you...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 01/29/20 10:14am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

RJOrion said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I mean that by nature, we don't come into the world wearing garments.

Clothing is something we put on for a reason and take off.
Why do human wear clothing...
Your African-American, there are many ethnic African groups that wear very little or nothing at time.

.

Sorry you cannot tell me your opinion isn't influenced indirectly. Someone taught you something...

.

Prince was everything you find detestable right to the end

19029538_1361632793889911_8093188244667432472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=yEjUPUUOTREAX8pic1a&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=dff6f593f7eeaa25f79588ebf9ea52a4&oe=5EC4CD33

the world taught me...starting with my parents... i dont know how old you are, but homosexuality was LONG considered a sickness...and deviant...and reprehensible...and evil..and underground..this age of acceptance for homosexuality is a new agenda and a new creation...perpetuated by the media and federal and local governments...includng the school systems... but to each their own beliefs... i can be a fan of someone and even a friend or family member to someone who has different beliefs about sexuality [Edited 1/29/20 10:06am]


LOL, so where did your parents learn it

I'm older than you.

You really cannot be a friend or fan of someone, with synonomous words describing them as sick deviant reprehensible evil sissy homo

.

And Prince isn't homosexual. Clothing and style isn't expressive of a persons sexuality. Gay men dress in your acceptable style as well. Doesn't make them straight.

The fact that MaNy euro rock starts were dressed and styled very similar to Prince, and people weren't equating them with being a 'homo or sissy'...

Well bro, take your issues with the LGBT community to P&R.

But, Prince fan? eyeeyeye lol don't know

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://www.youtube.com/w...bs57Kl3OOU
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your milli
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 01/29/20 10:16am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

RJOrion said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Create a thread in P&R

ie never created a thread EVER...and this isnt my concern to the point that i would start a thread about it...i was just responding to YOU trying to tell me i have "hang-ups" because i have different beliefs than you...

Well create one, because your post there has nothing to do with the topic. It's directed at the LGBT community and issues you have with them.

Yes it is a hang up that you have issue with Prince wearing leg warmers.

Are you saying Prince is Gay?

.

I'll create it for you if you don't.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://www.youtube.com/w...bs57Kl3OOU
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your milli
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 01/29/20 10:24am

RJOrion

OldFriends4Sale said:



RJOrion said:


OldFriends4Sale said:



I mean that by nature, we don't come into the world wearing garments.

Clothing is something we put on for a reason and take off.
Why do human wear clothing...
Your African-American, there are many ethnic African groups that wear very little or nothing at time.


.


Sorry you cannot tell me your opinion isn't influenced indirectly. Someone taught you something...


.


Prince was everything you find detestable right to the end


19029538_1361632793889911_8093188244667432472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ohc=yEjUPUUOTREAX8pic1a&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=dff6f593f7eeaa25f79588ebf9ea52a4&oe=5EC4CD33




the world taught me...starting with my parents... i dont know how old you are, but homosexuality was LONG considered a sickness...and deviant...and reprehensible...and evil..and underground..this age of acceptance for homosexuality is a new agenda and a new creation...perpetuated by the media and federal and local governments...includng the school systems... but to each their own beliefs... i can be a fan of someone and even a friend or family member to someone who has different beliefs about sexuality [Edited 1/29/20 10:06am]


LOL, so where did your parents learn it

I'm older than you.



You really cannot be a friend or fan of someone, with synonomous words describing them as sick deviant reprehensible evil sissy homo


.


And Prince isn't homosexual. Clothing and style isn't expressive of a persons sexuality. Gay men dress in your acceptable style as well. Doesn't make them straight.

The fact that MaNy euro rock starts were dressed and styled very similar to Prince, and people weren't equating them with being a 'homo or sissy'...



Well bro, take your issues with the LGBT community to P&R.



But, Prince fan? eyeeyeye lol don't know






i never called Prince any of those words.... as a teenaer, i didnt like him at first because he looked and acted "sissified"...at some point i started liking the music enough that his behavior and look didnt matter as much...and like i said before, after seeing PR, i didnt even think he acted "sissified"...and you as a fan, dont know for sure whether or not Prince had gay experiences...so youre assuming things about him and about me and my parents as well...
but its cool...we have polar opposite beliefs...as we should...we're different people...i love my lifestyle and hopefully you love yours...we dont need to agree about Prince...or about sexuality...or about race...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 01/29/20 10:28am

RJOrion

youre a trip...you ask me something or respond to me...then when i respond back to you, or answer your question, you tell me to go start a thread about it...like i randomly just started calling Prince gay...who REALLY has the "hang-ups"?.....lolol...ok ill stop commenting in this thread about it tho... i see where this is heading
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 01/29/20 10:34am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

RJOrion said:

OldFriends4Sale said:


LOL, so where did your parents learn it

I'm older than you.

You really cannot be a friend or fan of someone, with synonomous words describing them as sick deviant reprehensible evil sissy homo

.

And Prince isn't homosexual. Clothing and style isn't expressive of a persons sexuality. Gay men dress in your acceptable style as well. Doesn't make them straight.

The fact that MaNy euro rock starts were dressed and styled very similar to Prince, and people weren't equating them with being a 'homo or sissy'...

Well bro, take your issues with the LGBT community to P&R.

But, Prince fan? eyeeyeye lol don't know

i never called Prince any of those words.... as a teenaer, i didnt like him at first because he looked and acted "sissified"...at some point i started liking the music enough that his behavior and look didnt matter as much...and like i said before, after seeing PR, i didnt even think he acted "sissified"...and you as a fan, dont know for sure whether or not Prince had gay experiences...so youre assuming things about him and about me and my parents as well... but its cool...we have polar opposite beliefs...as we should...we're different people...i love my lifestyle and hopefully you love yours...we dont need to agree about Prince...or about sexuality...or about race...

You don't have to call him those words, you emotions spoke for you

.

You said: i was disgusted by his effeminate posturing...i didnt become a "fan" until after Purple Rain when he started to put some clothes on and add some machismo to his persona...and whether you think its homophobic (dumb word) or not, in 1979 any black man wearing processed and feathered hair, girly panties, legwarmers, high heeled boots and eyeliner was almost universally called a sissy, or sissified or a homo.

.

That is what you thought of Prince

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://www.youtube.com/w...bs57Kl3OOU
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your milli
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 01/29/20 10:37am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

RJOrion said:

youre a trip...you ask me something or respond to me...then when i respond back to you, or answer your question, you tell me to go start a thread about it...like i randomly just started calling Prince gay...who REALLY has the "hang-ups"?.....lolol...ok ill stop commenting in this thread about it tho... i see where this is heading

No, I asked you to start a thread in P&R because you created a seperate piece about the LGBT community. People who create threads regulary, understand, RJOrion.

So it doesn't go further off topic of Prince.

I'll create the thread for you if you don't want to.
I would prefer that you do it.

.
So you agree with the 'homophobes' booing him in the audiece then. Rightfully throwing things at him and the band.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://www.youtube.com/w...bs57Kl3OOU
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your milli
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 01/29/20 10:37am

lavendardrumma
chine

RJOrion said:

.we dont need to agree about Prince...or about sexuality...or about race...


Wait, what?

I think fans of certain artists did used to disassociate their race from them....with Prince there was even the story he was Italian or something.

And honestly, his sexuality was in question in that era, but it was also a different time, and there were women chasing Liberace still, and some very obviously Gay artists who people did not recognize as Queer. Either they lacked education, or were in denial.


But this is a thread about people throwing things at a Black musician because he was Black with an electric guitar mixing genres on a white rock stage, for a British band that had made a name off the Blues without educating their audiences of that.

In 2020 that's not excusable. Neither is giving a crap if Prince had been Gay.

But Prince was a heterosexual Black man, and if you can't accept those things, or his ability to play with gender in the early half of his career without regarding him as a fairy, something is wrong.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 01/29/20 10:51am

RJOrion

LMAO!...god Forbid if i didnt like Prince at first, and grew to respect him and love his music later on...some of you people really need to get over yourselves...Prince was a man, not a deity...he did his share of evil, too...the real homophobes are the ones who take offense to Prince being called or implied gay...if there is no problem being gay, and Prince had no problem acting "sissified", why do some of his socalled fans get so upset when someone implies he might be gay?...its like youre the ones who have the REAL problem with gayness
[Edited 1/29/20 10:52am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 01/29/20 10:57am

RJOrion

so go ahead of4s..

start that thread...because i think youre kinda outta line in this one
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 01/29/20 10:58am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

RJOrion said:

LMAO!...god Forbid if i didnt like Prince at first, and grew to respect him and love his music later on...some of you people really need to get over yourselves...Prince was a man, not a deity...he did his share of evil, too...the real homophobes are the ones who take offense to Prince being called or implied gay...if there is no problem being gay, and Prince had no problem acting "sissified", why do some of his socalled fans get so upset when someone implies he might be gay?...its like youre the ones who have the REAL problem with gayness [Edited 1/29/20 10:52am]

how would you respond if someone typed 'ni&&afied'?

you do know 'sissy' is directed at women and gay men right?

Start a thread bro... lol

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://www.youtube.com/w...bs57Kl3OOU
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your milli
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 01/29/20 11:03am

lavendardrumma
chine

RJOrion said:

LMAO!...god Forbid if i didnt like Prince at first, and grew to respect him and love his music later on...some of you people really need to get over yourselves...Prince was a man, not a deity...he did his share of evil, too...the real homophobes are the ones who take offense to Prince being called or implied gay...if there is no problem being gay, and Prince had no problem acting "sissified", why do some of his socalled fans get so upset when someone implies he might be gay?...its like youre the ones who have the REAL problem with gayness [Edited 1/29/20 10:52am]


Prince didn't act sissyfied. He was a man. Even when he cross dressed, he had chest hair out and masculinity on full display. Wearing a g-string was provocative, earings were even provocative then...wearing legwarmers and makeup, not provocative....meaning, your context and exposure to what was culturall accepted and hip at the time combined with closed off exposure to people of all walks of life, might be half the problem.


Nobody is ashamed he was Queer, we know he wasn't Queer, he just played with gender as part of his act, and it was a sexy and ridiculous at the same time, and as a statement, it was lost on Homophobes. The fact is, some of his performances were far more Queer than Sylvester or Gay artists of the time who couldn't do what Prince did. But he was also kissing women on stage and singing about women. That's a fact.

And the reason it matters is because your posts indicated misdirected homophobia. Like you think people are justified for hating a man for wearing a gold blouse, heels, and you're still sticking to that in 2020.

What's missing from your post is some shame. Where's the regret? You're not entitled to hate. If you evolved, why are you validating the hate?







  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 01/29/20 11:09am

RJOrion

OldFriends4Sale said:



RJOrion said:


LMAO!...god Forbid if i didnt like Prince at first, and grew to respect him and love his music later on...some of you people really need to get over yourselves...Prince was a man, not a deity...he did his share of evil, too...the real homophobes are the ones who take offense to Prince being called or implied gay...if there is no problem being gay, and Prince had no problem acting "sissified", why do some of his socalled fans get so upset when someone implies he might be gay?...its like youre the ones who have the REAL problem with gayness [Edited 1/29/20 10:52am]



how would you respond if someone typed 'ni&&afied'?



you do know 'sissy' is directed at women and gay men right?



Start a thread bro... lol




i could care less if someone typed ni&&afied...i might even type it my damn self...some people are so weak now obsessing over words on a blog, typed by a stranger, just because they dont agree with or like something they see in a comment box..i know racism exists just like i know homosexuality exists...let the racists be racists and let the straights be straight and the gays be gay..EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN BELIEFS... whether its liked or not...but im gonna express my pride and conviction in being straight, just like the gays express their pride in being gay...and comparing chosen sexual behavior to born ethnicity is an old, tired, and irresponsible comparison that makes zero common or scientific sense.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 01/29/20 11:13am

RJOrion

phobia literally means fear of..

i have never been afraid of anything gay...pick another word to misuse
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 01/29/20 11:19am

RJOrion

lavendardrummachine said:



RJOrion said:


LMAO!...god Forbid if i didnt like Prince at first, and grew to respect him and love his music later on...some of you people really need to get over yourselves...Prince was a man, not a deity...he did his share of evil, too...the real homophobes are the ones who take offense to Prince being called or implied gay...if there is no problem being gay, and Prince had no problem acting "sissified", why do some of his socalled fans get so upset when someone implies he might be gay?...its like youre the ones who have the REAL problem with gayness [Edited 1/29/20 10:52am]


Prince didn't act sissyfied. He was a man. Even when he cross dressed, he had chest hair out and masculinity on full display. Wearing a g-string was provocative, earings were even provocative then...wearing legwarmers and makeup, not provocative....meaning, your context and exposure to what was culturall accepted and hip at the time combined with closed off exposure to people of all walks of life, might be half the problem.


Nobody is ashamed he was Queer, we know he wasn't Queer, he just played with gender as part of his act, and it was a sexy and ridiculous at the same time, and as a statement, it was lost on Homophobes. The fact is, some of his performances were far more Queer than Sylvester or Gay artists of the time who couldn't do what Prince did. But he was also kissing women on stage and singing about women. That's a fact.

And the reason it matters is because your posts indicated misdirected homophobia. Like you think people are justified for hating a man for wearing a gold blouse, heels, and you're still sticking to that in 2020.

What's missing from your post is some shame. Where's the regret? You're not entitled to hate. If you evolved, why are you validating the hate?









shame? regret?

i should somehow feel shame or regret because i wasnt love at first sight for Prince?...or because i didnt/dont agree with the gay lifestyle?...you typed that with a straight face?...sober?...YOU said Prince didnt act sissified, then YOU said he acted queerer than SYLVESTER, in the same damn paragraph...sober??...and like a gay or bi man never kissed a woman before...lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 01/29/20 11:19am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

RJOrion said:

phobia literally means fear of.. i have never been afraid of anything gay...pick another word to misuse

Please, you would run if a man in drag was standing in your way ...

.

check #155 it covers all the synonyms you posted

de·test·a·ble

/dəˈtestəb(ə)l/

adjective

adjective: detestable

deserving intense dislike.

Similar:

abhorrent detested loathed despicable despised abominable

repellent repugnant repulsive revolting disgusting distasteful

horrible reprehensible obnoxious nauseating offensive contemptible

Opposite:lovable admirable

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://www.youtube.com/w...bs57Kl3OOU
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your milli
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 01/29/20 11:25am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

RJOrion said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

how would you respond if someone typed 'ni&&afied'?

you do know 'sissy' is directed at women and gay men right?

Start a thread bro... lol

i could care less if someone typed ni&&afied...i might even type it my damn self...some people are so weak now obsessing over words on a blog, typed by a stranger, just because they dont agree with or like something they see in a comment box..i know racism exists just like i know homosexuality exists...let the racists be racists and let the straights be straight and the gays be gay..EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN BELIEFS... whether its liked or not...but im gonna express my pride and conviction in being straight, just like the gays express their pride in being gay...and comparing chosen sexual behavior to born ethnicity is an old, tired, and irresponsible comparison that makes zero common or scientific sense.

was this homophobic to you? where you ashamed to buy it?

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://www.youtube.com/w...bs57Kl3OOU
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your milli
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 01/29/20 11:26am

RJOrion

OldFriends4Sale said:



RJOrion said:


phobia literally means fear of.. i have never been afraid of anything gay...pick another word to misuse



Please, you would run if a man in drag was standing in your way ...



.


check #155 it covers all the synonyms you posted

de·test·a·ble


/dəˈtestəb(ə)l/


adjective


adjective: detestable


deserving intense dislike.



Similar:


abhorrent detested loathed despicable despised abominable


repellent repugnant repulsive revolting disgusting distasteful


horrible reprehensible obnoxious nauseating offensive contemptible



Opposite:lovable admirable



if i did run, would that be a crime?...no...would it be what the religious call a sin?...no...so yeah, depending on the demeanor and size and if the said drag queen approached me in an agressive manner, and i wasnt able to effectively defend myself, i probably would run...no regret or shame in my game...but just seeing gays and trans people in my path, causes me no fear...i be on this site interacting back and forth with people who are admittedly gay or bi...my sister and niece are both gay...i love them and never ran from them...running implies true "phobia"
[Edited 1/29/20 11:29am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 01/29/20 11:31am

RJOrion

OldFriends4Sale said:



RJOrion said:


OldFriends4Sale said:




how would you respond if someone typed 'ni&&afied'?



you do know 'sissy' is directed at women and gay men right?



Start a thread bro... lol



i could care less if someone typed ni&&afied...i might even type it my damn self...some people are so weak now obsessing over words on a blog, typed by a stranger, just because they dont agree with or like something they see in a comment box..i know racism exists just like i know homosexuality exists...let the racists be racists and let the straights be straight and the gays be gay..EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN BELIEFS... whether its liked or not...but im gonna express my pride and conviction in being straight, just like the gays express their pride in being gay...and comparing chosen sexual behavior to born ethnicity is an old, tired, and irresponsible comparison that makes zero common or scientific sense.



was this homophobic to you? where you ashamed to buy it?








funny that you ask...i bought it...but i kept it in the back of my crates behind other albums, so visitors didnt see it
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 01/29/20 11:38am

lavendardrumma
chine

RJOrion said:


shame? regret? i should somehow feel shame or regret because i wasnt love at first sight for Prince?...or because i didnt/dont agree with the gay lifestyle?...you typed that with a straight face?...sober?...YOU said Prince didnt act sissified, then YOU said he acted queerer than SYLVESTER, in the same damn paragraph...sober??...and like a gay or bi man never kissed a woman before...lol


I see a lot of shame in your words disguised as arrogance and self pride.

Not to mention a whole lot of cultural ignorance you're relying on to justify what amounts to confusion and hate. In one breath you're saying you don't care, and in another breath, you care altogether too much.


And not for nothing but associating Gayness with a "sissy" is stupid. There's no nice way to call you on that, it's just utterly stupid.

Syvelster wasn't weak. But the fact is, Prince could get away with doing things a Sylvester couldn't do on stage, because...people like you exist in the world.

If you're unaware of LGBTQ strength, or being "butch" too, then we might as well be discussing this with a turnip.

And the bigger point here is the idiocy of projecting your feelings of gender, sexuality, lifestyle, on to an artist you clearly didn't understand.

Prince could do what he did because he was seriously comfortable with his sexuality....and wrote about it....you're not.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 01/29/20 11:44am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

RJOrion said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

was this homophobic to you? where you ashamed to buy it?

30656955_1645155012204353_1217201793340014592_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=mirBLf-Ym_sAX-XM0Gw&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=c6c5b089a9330f087c271c3ee797f0a6&oe=5E8DD1F1

funny that you ask...i bought it...but i kept it in the back of my crates behind other albums, so visitors didnt see it


LOL RJOrion lol mmmm hmmmm

that is 'fear' bro, shame etc

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://www.youtube.com/w...bs57Kl3OOU
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your milli
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 11 « First<2345678910>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > I’ve never understood why prince was booed at The Rolling Stones concert.